The puppy class is intended for puppies up to the age of six months, after which you will graduate to Des’s class 1, for more advanced training.
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS FOR CLASS:
- A collar or a check-chain.
- Soft treats like Vienna sausages or cooked chicken as a reward, and a toy for “fetch”.
- Please remember to bring a bowl and water.
- We request that you clean up after your puppy if they make a “mess”, so please bring a plastic bag or two, for this purpose.
The Puppy Class is for basic training and socialising. At first the puppy class looks a bit chaotic as we do lots of different little things, but they are all part of an exercise and as time goes on those little exercises are put together and you will see what your dog is achieving.
Puppies must have had their 2nd innoculation, before attending class.
We start with basic handling — the dog on your left and lead in the right hand, food in your left hand by the dog’s nose.
You will learn the commands like heel, come in, stay, wait, sit, down, fetch and their different uses. For instance:
- Socialising and getting used to noises.
- Rewarding for doing what you have asked your dog to do.
- Using one command for one instruction.